Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Top Ten Tuesday {v.5}


To Read...or Not to Read?

Have you ever bought a book or picked one up at the library and then had one of these moments?

{via glee.wikia.com}

I do this all the time. I put books on hold at the library, check them out, and then they sit on the shelf for three weeks before I bring them back...without having cracked the spine. Or...I buy books and stick them on my shelf.

This is what I like to call my "Shelf of Shame." These are books I bought with every intention of reading of them...and I haven't. Please note, this does not include the amount of books I have bought and not read on my Kindle.


Here's are some of the books I've picked up with good intentions but never followed through on. Maybe one day I will??

.:one:.

Too whiny. I couldn't take the constant self-deprecation and woe-is-me vibe.

.:two:.

I wanted to like this one. I really did. I mean, it's J.K. Rowling! Maybe I just wasn't in the right mind set. I promise to try this one again later! No exceptions.

.:three:.

I loved the other Bridget Jones books, but this one was completely unrelatable for me. Twenty-somethings and thirty-somethings, beware. This one is not as light-hearted as the others.

.:four:.

I have big plans to pick this one up again. It's a super slow start, but the title is catchy and the plot has me somewhat hooked. A love triangle with brothers though worries me.

.:five:.

This plot has me captivated. It's a slow go though. I've started it twice now but just can't seem to get much further than a few chapters. Someone please tell me if it's worth the time!

.:six:.

If you were to look at my GoodReads profile, you would see that I have been reading this book since March. Yep, March. I just can't get back into it. I'm halfway through, but I've already gotten what I want out of it. I don't know if I want to read anymore only to become sad or disappointed.

.:seven:.

I picked this book up back in high school because a friend's mom recommended it. I don't think I was ready to read it back then. It sits on my shelf collecting dust now. Maybe I'll try again?

.:eight:.

I like the way this one started. I identified with the main character easily. It just didn't manage to keep my attention. I'll try again later though. Mary Kay Andrews knows how to write women.

.:nine:.

This is a book you read while it's raining and you're drinking a cup of tea. Think Jane Austen meets Harry Potter. I tried to read it one summer, but it was too slow for a pool read. I might pick it up again one winter. Historical novels are better when it's chilly out, I think.

.:ten:.

I picked this one up during a Kindle Daily Deal. Last summer, I spent a lot of money doing that. This book looked promising, but, again, not good for the pool. It's probably one of those books I need to read while curled up by the fire. Here's hoping!

{all images from GoodReads}

No comments:

Post a Comment