Monday, January 5, 2015

Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morrill

Being Sloane Jacobs by Lauren Morrill
Publisher: Delacorte
Publication Date: January 7, 2014
Number of Pages: 352
Genre: Young Adult
Source: library ebook

Summary {via GoodReads}:
Meet Sloane Emily Jacobs: a seriously stressed-out figure-skater from Washington, D.C., who choked during junior nationals and isn't sure she's ready for a comeback. What she does know is that she'd give anything to escape the mass of misery that is her life.

Now meet Sloane Devon Jacobs, a spunky hockey player from Philly who's been suspended from her team for too many aggressive hip checks. Her punishment? Hockey camp, now, when she's playing the worst she's ever played. If she messes up? Her life will be over.

Where the two Sloanes meet by chance in Montreal and decide to trade places for the summer, each girl thinks she's the lucky one: no strangers to judge or laugh at Sloane Emily, no scouts expecting Sloane Devon to be a hero. But it didn't occur to Sloane E. that while avoiding sequins and axels she might meet a hockey hottie - and Sloane D. never expected to run into a familiar (and very good-looking) face from home. It's not long before the Sloanes discover that convincing people you're someone else might be more difficult than being yourself.

She thinks: Lauren Morrill does it again. In 2014 (which feels really weird to type right now), I read Meant to Be and loved it. A sweet story that had just the right amount of sap and life problems. My inner teen easily identified with the main characters of Meant to Be. I felt the same connection as I read Being Sloane Jacobs. This was a great book to break me out of my slump. I mean, I hadn't finished a book since October of last year! O.C.T.O.B.E.R. It felt like forever............. But, I am so glad that I picked up this book and read it. My world feels righted, and this is a great start to my new year! Plus, who wouldn't want to read about hockey hotties and very good-looking guys from home. Be still my beating heart!

No comments:

Post a Comment