Tuesday, January 24, 2017

Top Ten Books That Gave Me All the Feels



Wonder by R.J. Palacio - I love the beautiful honesty of this book and how it's told from many perspectives. The ending gets me every time!

A Court of Mist and Fury by Sarah J. Maas - I would be hard pressed to name another author whose writing gets me every time I read one of their books. This one, especially, hit me in the feels almost every time I turned the page.

Reign of Shadows by Sophie Jordan - Fierce and loyal to what she doesn't fully understand, Luna is an unexpected heroine to delight in as she ventures on an unexpected journey. And, omigod, T.H.E.E.N.D.!!!

Ida, Always by Caron Levis - With this book, I just can't even. Whenever I look at the cover, I get a little misty eyed. This is a darling picture book about friendship and loss. Be prepared, you'll need tissues.

All the Bright Places by Jennifer Niven - I cannot say nor recall what drew me to this book when I first picked up, but I'll never forget it or regret reading it. This journey of self-discovery and acceptance made me sob on the way to work as I listened to it. #everyonematters

I'll Give You the Sun by Jandy Nelson - This is another book about self-discovery and acceptance between a brother and sister that will wrench your heart out in the best way possible. The relationships that are and that develop are pure and will leave you raw...in the best way possible.

Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys - This is a harrowing tale of life told through the eyes a Lithuanian girl in the 1940s as she's moved from prison camp to prison camp. It's based on real facts and some of the author's family history, and I will forever weep for this girl's struggles and perserverance.

Eleanor & Park by Rainbow Rowell - Gaaaaaaaahhhhhh! The end. The end. The end. I just...the end!!! My heart was ripped out and served on a platter at the end of this book.

Say What You Will by Cammie McGovern - If, like me, you were one of those girls in high school who walked around constantly doubting yourself and noticing all your own faults, then this book is for you. The twists and turns and slips and falls throughout this novel will leave you feeling heartbroken, breathless, and understood.

Me Without You by Kelly Rimmer - If you were/are a fan of Me Before You, read this. It's a giant punch in the feels, but you won't regret it.


No comments:

Post a Comment