Thursday, January 12, 2017

Tupelo Landing Juvenile Fiction Series


It took me f.o.r.e.v.e.r. to get into audiobooks. I resisted for the longest time...but I kept trying, and I'm seriously glad that I did. For one, I was able to get through my Children's Literature class by listening to the books during my commute to and from work, but I also discovered some wonderful narrators in the process.

The Tupelo Landing Series was and is probably one of my favorites Middle Grade reads from 2015 and 2016. I'm desperately hoping that Sheila Turnage will be writing more! Such a fun cast of characters and story.


When you listen to these books, you'll be instantly transported to Tupelo Landing, North Carolina, and you'll wish that it was a real place! I know I do. I attribute this to the two narrators: Michael Friedman and Lauren Fortgang. Michal narrates the first book only as she sadly passed away after complications from a C-section. Thankfully, Lauren is able to carry on the narration beautifully in the rest of the series.

I highly recommend listening to this series! I can't get enough of it. You'll laugh at the precocious characters and enjoy solving the mysteries right along side them.

No comments:

Post a Comment