Monday, May 26, 2014

The Best Man for the Job by Lucy King

The Best Man for the Job by Lucy King
Publisher: Harlequin
Publication Date: June 1, 2014
Number of Pages: 224
Genre: British Chick Lit, Romance
Source: eARC {via NetGalley}

Summary {via GoodReads}:
The wedding guest from her past...

For Celia Forrester, Marcus Black - her brother's best friend - was always totally off-limits. Especially after The Night That Nearly Happened. It was years ago, but Celia remembers it for all the worst reasons! But now, Marcus is back in the picture - he's the best man at her brother's wedding and more gorgeous than ever.

It's all kinds of inappropriate, but giving in to temptation looks like the best way for Celia to get Marcus out of her system. But their one night comes with consequences. And this time, it won't be fifteen years until they have to face them...but nine months!

She thinks: If you need a predictable and light read, then this is the book for you. The story is a little choppy - you come in randomly, play catch up a little bit, and then are left with a quick ending. I will say that the ending is satisfactory though, as if we could expect anything less from a Harlequin book. Plus, if you like your books on the steamy side, then you will like this one.

I was confused by the motivation of the characters in the book though. I couldn't figure out what was driving them as much as King tried to explain it. I didn't not get as invested in the characters as I usually do with books so I definitely do not have a book hangover. In fact, it took me a couple days to get into the book, but once I did, I breezed through it. Honestly, I was hoping for more from the book.

If you're at the library and in need of something to read, pick this one up. It'll placate you while you search GoodReads or Google or whatever search engine you use to find books for your next exciting read.


No comments:

Post a Comment