Friday, May 16, 2014

The One by Kiera Cass

The One {book three} by Kiera Cass
Publisher: Harper Teen
Publication Date: May 6, 2014
Number of Pages: 323
Genre: Young Adult Romantic Dystopia
Source: borrowed from local library

Summary {via GoodReads}:
The Selection changed the lives of thirty-five girls forever. And now, the time has come for one winner to be chosen.

America never dreamed she would find herself anywhere close to the crown - or to Prince Maxon's heart. But as the competition approaches its end and the threats outside the palace walls grow more vicious, America realizes just how much she stands to lose - and how much she'll have to fight for the future she wants.

She thinks: After I closed the book {a little reluctantly, I might add, because I don't want the story to be over}, I probably looked like this...

{via crzforum.com}

But, in a good way! There are just so many things to process while reading this book that my mind is still reeling. So many things happen, and my heart has so many feelings flowing through it right now that I just don't know what to say about this final "chapter."

It will leave you feeling satisfied that you've stuck with the series to the end. It will make you want to go out and fight for what you believe in. It will probably make you cry too. You will want to read this book cover to cover. And, if you have to put it down for a few hours, please, dear heavens, do it at the end of a chapter. You won't want that kind of uncertainty in your life!!


See what others are saying about The One by Kiera Cass:

1 comment:

  1. I can't wait to read this one! I'm making myself finish the book I'm reading now before I buy it.

    ReplyDelete