Wednesday, May 28, 2014

To All The Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han

To All the Boys I've Loved Before {book one} by Jenny Han
Publisher: Simon & Schuster
Publication Date: April 15, 2014
Number of Pages: 288
Genre: Young Adult
Source: borrowed from local library

Summary {via GoodReads}:
To All the Boys I've Loved Before is the story of Lara Jean, who has never openly admitted her crushes, but instead wrote each boy a letter about how she felt, sealed it, and hid it in a box under her bed. But one day Lara Jean discovers that somehow her secret box of letters has been mailed, causing all her crushes from her past to confront her about the letters: her first kiss, the boy from summer camp, even her sister's ex-boyfriend, Josh. As she learns to deal with her past loves face to face, Lara Jean discovers that something good may come out of these letters after all.

She thinks: If I was still in high school, I think I would have loved this book. Being out of high school for ten years or so now, I couldn't relate to it as much as I would have liked. Lara Jean seemed very immature in my eyes. I'm not sure I know many sixteen year olds who still call their Dad, Daddy, all the time. I can understand doing that occasionally but not constantly. When I first started the book, I thought Lara Jean was twelve. However, I can say that I could see her growth as a person through the book, but it was very minuscule. I'm hoping it is more noticeable in book two!

I did like the very real fears Lara Jean had at times. I can remember being scared out of my mind when I drove by myself for the time and doing things even though I knew it was going to come back and bite me in the butt. I just wish she hadn't been as immature and dependent. It turned me off to her almost immediately, but that could just be because I subconsciously identify with those traits. Who knew this book would make me think so much about how much I've matured since high school?! Such an embarrassing time in my life. You too??

Okay...back to the book...

The ending most certainly did not make me happy. It just stopped, and I wanted to know more!!!! But, I guess that means I'll have to read book two so I know what happens because oh the swoons! Every time I think about the last note she reads at the end of the book, my heart melts just a little more. Oh, if only my mister would leave me notes like that once in awhile.


See what others are saying about To All the Boys I've Loved Before by Jenny Han:

No comments:

Post a Comment