Friday, June 27, 2014

Love, Lies, and Lemon Cake by Sue Watson

Love, Lies, and Lemon Cake by Sue Watson
Publisher: Bookouture
Publication Date: June 27, 2014
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Source: eARC via NetGalley

Summary {via NetGalley}: 
Faye Dobson has lost her sparkle.

Living on film star fantasies and vague memories of a marriage that once was, she can't help feeling that life is passing her by. She dreams of being whisked to Paris for dinner, making three wishes at Trevi fountain and having sex under the stars. But the wrinkles are multiplying, her husband's passion is for plumbing, and the nearest she'll get to Rome is take-away pizza.

So when Faye meets Dan the gorgeous Australian surfer guy working in the local deli she can't help but wonder what it would be like to see the world. He is blonde, tanned, ten years younger, and bakes the most amazing lemon cake. Unlike her husband, Dan actually listens to Faye, his smile makes her feel fizzy inside, and when he smiles...Oh. My. God.

But is Faye being silly? What would Dan see in someone like her? Even if he did have feelings for her, could she give up everything to be with him?

She thinks: I don't even remember why I picked this book up. Maybe because it talked about cake and I quite possibly was craving some at the time? That's got to be it because I only got five chapters in before I abandoned this book. Faye, the main character, was too whiney for my taste. The entire part of the book that I read felt like a giant complaint. I mean, I get that some people aren't happy with their lives, but I don't want to read about that if all you're going to do is complain the whole time. I have enough of my own problems; I don't need yours too. I might pick this book up again one day, but it's just not for me right now.


No comments:

Post a Comment