Monday, June 16, 2014

Me Without You by Kelly Rimmer

D
Me Without You by Kelly Rimmer
Publisher: Bookouture
Publication Date: June 6, 2014
Number of Pages: 304
Genre: Contemporary Fiction
Source: eARC {via NetGalley}

Summary: 
A story of how love can break our hearts - and heal them.

A year ago, I met the love of my life. For two people who didn't believe in love at first sight, we came pretty close.

Lilah MacDonald - beautiful, opinionated, stubborn and all kinds of wonderful in ways that words could never quite capture. The woman who taught me to love again.

My Lilah, who gave me so much, and yet kept from me a secret that she knew would break my heart.

My name is Callum Roberts, and this is our story.

She thinks: have been going through a spell of reading very emotional books lately, but I wouldn't have it any other way. I was in the perfect head space to enjoy all of those books; this one included. I first wanted to read this book because it touted that it was similar to The Notebook and One Day, which are both outstanding books with beautiful love stories. Thankfully, this book did not disappoint one bit. I found myself captivated from the first few lines. 

"It was absolutely not love at first sight...maybe it was actually love at second sight."

This book will certainly break your heart or warm your cold heart, depending on your circumstances. That being said, you need to have a box of tissues by your side once you get to the end of the book. Consider yourself warned! The character development was perfect, and the story is plausible. I loved the dual POVs - Callum telling us their love story and Lilah writing privately in her journal. Callum wears his heart on his sleeve whereas Lilah keeps her emotions hidden away.

You will walk away from this novel a better person with more appreciation for the life you have and the lives of others. We all have our own battles and challenges to face every day, and if I learned one thing from the book, it's that it's easier to have company along the way.



See what others are saying about Me Without You by Kelly Rimmer:

No comments:

Post a Comment