Tuesday, June 3, 2014

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart

We Were Liars by E. Lockhart
Publisher: Delacorte Press
Publication Date: May 13, 2014
Number of Pages: 227
Genre: Young Adult
Source: borrowed from local library

Summary {via GoodReads}:
A beautiful and distinguished family.
A private island.
A brilliant, damaged girl; a passionate, political boy.
A group of four friends - the Liars - whose friendship turns destructive.
A revolution. An accident. A secret.
Lies upon lies.
True love.
The truth.

She thinks: This book disappointed me more than I thought it would. However, that doesn't mean I didn't like it because I did, just not as much as I wanted to.

A couple of weeks before this book was released, someone recommended it to me. And, I thought nothing of it. But, then, I kept seeing more and more of this book popping up on the internet so I decided that if I could get my hands on a copy, I'd read it. So, I did.

A coworker of mine read it before me, and he enjoyed it. Actually, after I read his GoodReads review, I texted him and told him that he had to return the book next day so I could then read it. He told me it was definitely worth the read. I'm sad to say that I ruined it for myself though by figuring it all out by the time I was halfway through the book. I told my suspicions to my coworker before I finished the book, but he wouldn't give me any hints. {the big meanie ;)} The next day after I finished the book, my coworker told me he was shocked I figured it out because he didn't see it coming. And, I know that all sounds very vague, but I don't want to ruin it for you.

I will say that his book wasn't as engaging as I wanted it to be. I was expecting more, but it was definitely captivating as I finished it in just over 24 hours. This is a book you don't want to miss simply so you can know what's up and be in the loop! I mean, my coworker as still talking about it several days later. This would be a great addition to any readers shelf or book club.


See what others are saying about We Were Liars by E. Lockhart:

No comments:

Post a Comment