Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Love by Numbers by Sara Donovan

Love by Numbers by Sara Donovan
Publisher: AUS Impulse
Publication Date: July 1, 2014
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Source: eARC via NetGalley

Summary {via GoodReads}:
What if there was a scientific 7-step formula that triggered your heart into feeling passion?

Would you follow it to fall in love with your "nice guy" bestie - the sensible choice who was actually available?

Set in the glittering north shore of Sydney, Love by Numbers follows the story of April, a successful HR executive who is in the middle of a serious man drought. To deal with her boredom, she fantasies more than she should about her hot, but uninterested-to-say-the-least office crush, Ryan. When April finally gets Ryan to drinks one night and she watches him fall for her flirtatious house-mate, April decides never again to trust her instinctual "man-picker." Her only solution is to rewire her brain and create passion with the one guy she knows she can trust.

This is a story about how far you can go to control your heart's choices, and what happens when you try.

She thinks: This book was very disappointing. It wasn't at all what I thought it was going to be when I first requested it. I'm not sure if I was distracted by the cover or what happened, but I didn't enjoy the book.

It started out good. I liked how the characters were introduced. I liked how it ended...sort of. Not everything that happened in the book was resolved. And the middle of the book was a jumble of thoughts that seemed thrown together. Like, let's put a cliche scene here then some introspective-ness then a scene with parents that has nothing to do with the plot and - oh! - let's put another cliche in here. Make sense? Yeah, me neither, but that's how the book felt.

I wish I could recommend this to others, but I don't think it would be worth the time and effort put into reading it. Someone needs to take a red pen to this book and help it make sense. There are too many unimportant characters thrown into the plot that just need to go. It would make the book so much better.


No comments:

Post a Comment