Thursday, July 24, 2014

Since You've Been Gone by Anouska Knight

Since You've Been Gone by Anouska Knight
Publisher: Harlequin HQN
Publication Date: July 29, 2014
Number of Pages: 320
Genre: Contemporary Romance
Source: eARC via NetGalley

Summary via GoodReads:
How do you learn to love again?

In one tragic moment, Holly Jefferson's life as she knows changes forever. Now to the external world, at least she's finally getting back on her feet, running her business, Cake. Then she meets Ciaran Argyll.

His rich and charmed life feels a million miles away from her own. However, there's more to Ciaran than the superficial world that surrounds him, and he too is wrestling with his own ghosts. Will Holly find the missing ingredient that allows her to live again and embrace and unknown and unexpected tomorrow?

She thinks: I wasn't ready!!! The tragic moment happens so fast. I was left reeling; I didn't know whether to put the book down and walk away or power through. I am proud and eager to say I powered through though, and it was wonderful. It was light-hearted yet touching at the same time.

Bad boy turned good guy. We've seen it and read it before...a million times probably. And that won't stop me from reading it a million more when their presented in such nice packages. Ciaran sweeps Holly off her feet reluctantly and bittersweet hilarity ensues. Ciaran's father is a hot mess, and the Ice Queen will wish you had stabbed her with a pair of stilettos instead of a cake. I definitely needed some of my own cake after finishing this book! 

If you are in search of a feel good read in which you wish you could be friends with the main character (or live her life), then I highly suggest you pick up this book. {You can thank me later!}


And, if you're anything like me, this song has been on repeat in your read since you read the title of the book. Plus, Pitch Perfect makes everything better!!!! You're welcome!


No comments:

Post a Comment