Thursday, August 7, 2014

Landline by Rainbow Rowell

Landline by Rainbow Rowell
Publisher: St. Martina's Press
Publication Date: July 8, 2014
Number of Pages: 310
Genre: Contemporary Romance/Realistic Fiction
Source: borrowed from local library

Summary via GoodReads:
Georgie McCool knows her marriage is in trouble. That it's been in trouble for a long time. She still lives her husband, Neal, and Neal still loves her, deeply - but that almost seems beside the point now.

Maybe that was always beside the point.

Two days before they're suppose to visit Neal's family in Omaha for Christmas, Georgie tells Neal that she can't go. She's a TV writer, and something's come up on her show; she has to stay in Los Angeles. She knows that Neal will be upset with her - Neal is always a little upset with Georgie - but she doesn't expect him to pack up the kids and go home without her.

When her husband and the kids leave for the airport, Georgie wonders if she's finally done it. If she's ruined everything.

That night, Georgie discovers a way to communicate with Neal in the past. It's not time travel, not exactly, but she feels like she's been given an opportunity to fix her marriage before it starts...

Is that what she's supposed to do?

Or would Georgie and Neal be better off if their marriage never happened?

She thinks: I love Rainbow Rowell. When she writes, it is real and honest and true. Her characters have actual problems with no easy solutions. They are conflicted and heartbroken and raw. I feel like Rainbow Rowell's tag line should be, "I only speak the truth." Maybe John Leguizamo could follow her around saying that line from Moulin Rouge.

{via quickmeme.com}

As for Landline, I couldn't have asked for more. Every woman at one point or another in a relationship has felt the way Georgie feels. Is what I'm doing enough? Do I take him for granted? Am I ruining this? And to have a book written that makes you feel okay about your insecurities is phenomenal. Solidarity sister.

{via tookieclothespins.tumblr.com}

This book will give you hope. It will make you believe in love. It will make you want to fight for what you believe in. You will not regret reading this book...ever. I would love to own physical copies of all of Rainbow Rowell's books. Guess I know what I'm putting on my Christmas list this year! {Will someone remind me that I said this in a couple of months??}


See what others are saying about Landline by Rainbow Rowell:

No comments:

Post a Comment