Thursday, September 11, 2014

Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Allegiant {book three} by Veronica Roth
Publisher: Katherine Tegen Books
Publication Date: October 22, 2013
Number of Pages: 526
Genre: Young Adult Dystopia
Source: borrowed from local library

Summary {via GoodReads}:
The faction-based society that Tris Prior once believed in is shattered - fractured by violence and power struggles and scarred by loss and betrayal. So when offered a chance to explore the world past the limits she's known, Tris is ready. Perhaps beyond the fence, she and Tobias will find a simple new life together, free from complicated lies, tangled loyalties, and painful memories.

But Tris's new reality is even more alarming than the one she left behind. Old discoveries are quickly rendered meaningless. Explosive new truths change the hearts of those she loves. And once again, Tris must battle to comprehend the complexities of human nature - and of herself - while facing impossible choices about courage, allegiance, sacrifice, and love.

She thinks: WWWWWWWWWWWWWHHHHHHHHHHHHHHYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY?!?!?!?!?!

{via gemini-dragon-gifs.tumblr.com}

I'm mad at this book. I'm grieving over this book. I just don't understand why this book had to end the way it did. It's just not fair.

That aside, that book is written well, and it is beautiful. I thought the political turn the book took was weird and unexpected. But, I guess you should always expect the unexpected, right?? Meh.

I don't even know what else to say about the book. I guess I'll add that I'm glad Tobias faced some of his fears head on. That is all.


No comments:

Post a Comment