Thursday, May 2, 2019

She Reads to Tiny Humans {v.4}


About five or so years ago, I stumbled across my first interactive picture book - Press Here by Hervé Tullet, and I fell in love. I was teaching at the time and read it to my PreK kiddos, and they were mesmerized by it. Right then, I knew I had found a hit - picture books that engage children on a whole new level. Not only are they listening to a story and following a plot, but now they have become part of the narrative...and that utilizes a whole new way of thinking. And, I'm all about building those synapses in the brain!

Nowadays, you can find a lot more interactive picture books. Some are great...and some are not. For me, the ones that aren't great feel a little forced, like they're trying to fit in and cash in on this trend.

I want to share with you my favorite ones though that I think hit the mark every single time I read them at story time or with my own child. I hope you enjoy them as much as I do!


No comments:

Post a Comment