Monday, April 22, 2019

Hollywood vs. Books: To All the Boys I've Love Before

Dear Readers,

I have a confession to make.

I think I may have found a book that I enjoyed the movie of more than I did the actual book.

Le gasp!

Yep, you read that right. I liked the movie To All the Boys I've Loved Before more than the book.

source :: April Magazine

Of course, there were elements missing from the movie (as always), but I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised with it.

In general, I loved the book. At least, I remember somewhat liking the book. I think? It's been f.i.v.e. years since I read it. Where did the time go?! But, I digress...according to my review, I liked it...more or less.

At the time I read it, my biggest problem with the book was the way the characters were written. Their speech patterns and dialogue made them seem so much younger than the age they are said to be. And, while I could go on and on about this, I won't. I'll save you my soapbox moment.

BUT! I think the movie did a great job addressing what had bothered me so much about the novel. Which is probably why I liked it more than the book. So, I'm here to say that you should watch the movie, if you haven't already, because Lara Jean and Peter are just...swoooonnnnnn!

Okay. Maybe I'll read the other books now, too. I have to know what happens, and I'm not going to wait for the movies! That's just as painful as waiting for books in a series to be released!!

No comments:

Post a Comment