Wednesday, April 24, 2019

What I've Been Reading: Grishaverse Edition

Oh, the Grishaverse. Where do I start?

In the wrong book series, that's where! [insert face palm here]

I was in a reading slump and kept seeing all these fandom posts about Six of Crows. So, naturally, I picked it up and started reading...well, devouring it, really. Little did I know it was part of a whole world!

Luckily, I didn't spoil anything for myself by reading that series first. BUT - oh man! Talk about a roller coaster of emotions.

So, now, Twitter-style reviews in 140 characters or less!

First, there's the "Shadow and Bone" series, which is coming to Netflix!


Alina discovers she has powers. Tries to save her country. Is duped by multiple people. Eventually gets it right...sort of. Mal is dumb.


Then, there's Six of Crows and Crooked Kingdom, which will also be part of the Netflix series.


Kaz. Inej. Jesper. Nina. Matthias. Wylan. Heists. Rescues. Scheming. Swoons. Heartbreak. Justice. #squadgoals #nuffsaid #micdrop


And, finally (as of right now), King of Scars.


Nikolai + Zoya, my loves. Weird in between places. Nina sees dead people. Everyone has scars. #whatwasthatending?!


I'm sure it will come as no surprise that I now own a.l.l. of these titles. Happy Birthday to me! [Thanks, Mom!] And, I eagerly await the sequel to King of Scars. If I could have it now, please, that'd be great. In the meantime, I'll placate myself with other novels!

No comments:

Post a Comment